Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thursday at the Taj Mahal

Post by Joanna
Today we experienced the Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort. It was definitely a day I won't forget. All the pictures I've ever seen of the Taj don't do it justice. The building is amazingly beautiful. All the detail and hand carvings are incredible. I never really knew the story behind the Taj Mahal and the Mughal Empire until today. The building was built for one reason and that's to house the tomb of the Mughal's beloved wife. It took 22 years and over 20,000 laborers to build this beautiful shrine. Despite its beauty, as I stepped inside to see the tombs I was very surprised by how dark it felt. Such a sense of hopelessness. Death was the end and there was no hope of eternity. I found myself praying for all those who entered. Praying they would find light and hope in the only One who can provide it, Jesus Christ. In a country that is full of beautiful people and beautiful colors, I find myself fighting off the weight of dark forces. As I looked around I saw all different nationalities, all different religions, men and women, boys and girls and I was reminded that as believers we are called to be light to a dark world. What I've quickly realized is Anurag shines that light so beautifully. What a privilege to be able to see this first hand. Lord may you continue to bless the work of the people who carry a torch for You.

1 comment:

  1. https://youtu.be/weeqtjlRPng Perfect song for that moment.

    ReplyDelete